Southeastern Animal Fiber Fair Oct 22 to 24, 2021 – WNC Agricultural Center, Fletcher, NC
               
       FIBER ARTS COMPETITION ENTRY FORM  
 

 
Name  

First*

Last*

Address
 

Street Address*


Address Line 2


City*


State*


Zip*
 

Phone*

 

Email*


If Youth - age on Oct 19, 2021  

 

COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING SECTIONS FOR EACH ITEM THAT YOU ARE
ENTERING INTO THE COMPETITION.
This information will be used by the judge so include as much information as you can. Only ONE
entry per category will be accepted. Maximum of FOUR entries total for the competition.
Each
item that you enter will be given an entry number. DEADLINE OCT 20th, 2021.
 

Add First Item

 

Add second Item

 

Add third Item

 

Add fourth Item

 


Entry fee is $3.00 per item
Youth categories do not pay a fee.

Total: $

I hereby certify that to the best of my knowledge the information that I have provided concerning my item(s)
meet all competition requirements.

 
 

CATEGORIES

Skeins
S1  Handspun Single
S2  Handspun Two Ply
S3  Handspun Three or More Ply
S4  Handspun Lace Weight, minimum 1 oz. or 25 yds.
S5  Spindle Spun Skein, minimum 1 oz. or 25 yds.
S6  Handspun Novelty/Art Yarn – techniques such as boucle, corespun, locks, etc.
S7  Novice Spinner (spinning less than one year) single or plied

Knitting
K1  Hand Knitted Garment Using Handspun Yarn
K2  Hand Knitted Garment Using Commercial Yarn
K3  Hand Knitted Shawl, Scarf, Wrap, etc. Using Handspun Yarn
K4  Hand Knitted Shawl, Scarf, Wrap, etc. Using Commercial Yarn
K5  Hand Knitted Accessory – Hat, Gloves, Purse, Socks, etc. Using Handspun Yarn
K6  Hand Knitted Accessory – Hat, Gloves, Purse, Socks, etc. Using Commercial Yarn
K7  Machine Knitted

Weaving
W1  Woven Wearable Item Using Handspun Yarn
W2  Woven Wearable Item Using Commercial Yarn
W3  Woven Household Item Using Handspun Yarn
W4  Woven Household Item Using Commercial Yarn

Felting
F1  Needle Felted 2D Item
F2  Needle Felted 3D Item
F3  Wet Felted 2D Item
F4  Wet Felted 3D Item
F5  Knitted or Woven Item That Has Been Felted (Fulled)
F6  Wet Felted & Needle Felted Combination

Repurposed Wool
RE1  Wearable Item Using at Least 80% Repurposed Wool (used coats, jackets, skirts, sweaters, etc.) for the construction. The remaining 20% need not be wool and can be new or used items for construction and embellishments
RE2  Non-Wearable Item Using at Least 80% Repurposed Wool (used coats, jackets, skirts, sweaters, etc.) for the construction. The remaining 20% need not be wool and can be new or used items for construction and embellishments

Mixed Fiber Media
M1  Mixed Fiber Media – an item containing a combination of techniques. Knitting, crochet, weaving, felting or a technique using fiber that does not fit into the other categories.

Youth – Aged 17 years old OR younger ON October 19, 2021. No entry fee for Youth Categories.
Y1  Handspun Yarn Using Wheel or Spindle
Y2  Knitted Item Using Handspun Yarn
Y3   Knitted Item Using Commercial Yarn
Y4  Crochet Item Using Handspun Yarn
Y5  Crochet Item Using Commercial Yarn
Y6  Woven Item Using Handspun (warp may be commercial yarn)
Y7  Woven Item Using Commercial Yarn
Y8  Needle Felted Item
Y9  Wet Felted Item